Here at Baymard we write three different categories of UX articles: 1) Research & Guidelines, 2) Case studies, and 3) Observations.
We know a lot of you started subscribing to our articles during the year (thank you!), so below is a list with some of our favorite articles from each of these three categories in case you missed them (or just want to revisit old favorites):
1) Research & Guidelines
- Fundamental Guidelines Of E-Commerce Checkout Design – guest article on Smashing Magazine based on our Checkout Usability report
- 19 Ways to Simplify ‘Sign Up’ – our most popular article of the year with 2200+ tweets and 75 comments
- Form Field Usability: Avoid Multi-Column Layouts
- User Expectations: Create an Illusion of Space
2) Case studies
- Case: 7 UX Considerations When Designing Lens Hawk
- Redesigning the Country Selector – guest article on Smashing Magazine with 4 UX design iterations
- Home Page Strategy: Category vs. Product
- Responsive Web Design and Mobile Devices
- Poor Copywriting – the UX Problem That Will Never Go Away?
- One Page Checkouts – the Holy Grail of Checkout Usability?
- Design Trend: Interfaces with Less Information
2012: Intensified UX Research Activities
In 2011 we’ve published the Checkout Usability research report. During 2012 we will intensify the research activities with a database with case studies of the checkout experience at the major e-commerce sites. This will of course also lead to a lot more research based UX articles going your way.
Thanks to all of you who read, tweet, and comment on our articles – we truly enjoy the interaction.
Have a wonderful 2012!
- Jamie & Christian