Changelog for: E-Commerce Checkout Usability
Status: The Checkout report you have is outdated and part of the old Baymard Pro.
Today all of Baymard’s research and updates are avalible as Baymard Premium. This is an entirely new Baymard research experience — with automatic access to all of Baymard’s 7 existing resaerch studies, automatic access to all new Baymard research studies and to continuously updated research guidelines – along with more direct UX support from Baymard researchers to help you and your team build “State of the Art” e-commerce experiences. Learn more here.
- 3.0.0: The entire Checkout study have been revised and is now part of Baymard Premium. The Checkout study is updated with a new benchmark of 10 top European e-commerce sites (leading to 900 new best practice examples and 1,050+ performance ratings across all the Checkout guidelines).
- 2.1.1: Miniscule layout adjustments
- 2.1.0: New 2017 study for “Reasons for Abandonments”, most trusted site-seals, and users’ privacy concerns.
- 2.0.5: Added mockup to Guideline #97 of a 7-field checkout flow. Updated example for Guideline #2. Clarification of issue text for Guidelines #4 and #11. Body text clarifications for #28.
- 2.0.4: Minor layout optimizations
- 2.0.3: Updates to guideline #3
- 2.0.2: Various image and spelling improvements
- 2.0.1: Text clarifications + Minor spelling fixes
- 2.0.0: Completely updated checkout study, with new 1:1 usability testing, eye-tracking research, multiple quantitative tests, and 50 benchmark case studies – new license required.
- 1.1.10: Miniscule layout adjustments
- 1.1.9: Minor spelling fixes
- 1.1.8: Minor spelling fixes
- 1.1.7: ‘About’ page updated
- 1.1.6: License clarification
- 1.1.5: Fixes broken Baymard Pro link in ‘Introduction’
- 1.1.4: Minor spelling fixes
- 1.1.3: New page: ‘Reasons for Abandonment’ survey stats
- 1.1.2: Fixes Adobe Reader bug affecting case study images
- 1.1.1: Guideline #9 additional plugin suggestion added
- 1.1.0: Benchmark examples added + Various content edits + Proofreading + New layout
- 1.0.5: Minor spelling fixes
- 1.0.4: Added link to country selector plugin in guideline #11 + Minor spelling edits
- 1.0.3: Updated author page
- 1.0.2: Minor spelling fixes
- 1.0.1: ‘Implement it’ chapter edits + Credit card guideline edits
- 1.0.0: Initial version