Today we’re launching “Baymard Premium” — an entirely new Baymard research experience. You’ll see a major shift in how we conduct, publish, and update our research — and improved ways to engage with Baymard’s team of researchers.
Changes to the Free Part of Baymard.com
At Baymard we publish approximately 5-10% of our findings for free, as articles and in the free part of the UX benchmark and Page Design tool. Today these have received to following updates:
- The 6 individual UX performance benchmarks now also have an additional meta benchmark layer that summarize the overall e-commerce performance of 60 major e-commerce sites. We no longer just tell you who has “the best Cart & Checkout experience” — we now also tell you who has “the best overall e-commerce UX”.
- 3 new UX benchmark databases have been added for all 50 top-grossing US e-commerce sites and 10 European sites within the themes of: Product Listing & Filtering, Homepage & Category, and E-Commerce Search. This provides you with 8,100 additional best practice examples and 12,000+ extra performance ratings.
- 10 top European e-commerce sites are now also benchmarked and available in all of the UX benchmarks.
- A new self-adjusting UX performance scoring logic that better accounts for the changes that occur over time in both users’ expectations and the competitive landscape.
For accessing the free part of this content see the new UX benchmark and the improved Page Design tool.
Changes to ‘Getting Full Access’ to the Baymard Research Catalog and Toolset
The remaining 90-95% of Baymard’s research are premium research findings and only available in the new service & toolset called Baymard Premium.
This is an entirely new Baymard research experience — with automatic access to all new Baymard research studies and to continuously updated research guidelines, along with more direct UX support from Baymard researchers to help you and your team build “State of the Art” e-commerce experiences.
Baymard Premium will provide you and your team with:
- Full access to all of Baymard’s 7 research studies and benchmarks. This includes 642 UX guidelines, 27,900+ implementation examples of what works (and what doesn’t), and full access to the 50,000+ manually assigned UX performance ratings for the 60 benchmark case studies.
- Automatic access to all of Baymard’s new research studies along with updates to existing findings — as they are uncovered and published. We’ve doubled Baymard’s research team, so expect roughly twice the amount of findings per year vis-a-vis Baymard past publication rate.
- Private Q&A / feedback sessions with Baymard senior UX researchers to help you solve concrete design and e-commerce UX challenges.
- Live 1.5 hour training modules every 2nd week, with Q&A.
- “E-Commerce UX Professional” certification of your team.
- Access to a completely new research study on “Accounts & Self-Service” (65 guidelines on topics such as the “Account” drop-down and dashboard, address books, stored payment methods, order tracking, order returns, and more).
- And many more tools and resources.
Baymard’s will continue its in-depth UX research, but going forward we’ll also work harder on ensuring that you and your team have the best possible ways to extract and apply those large-scale test findings to your site(s). This include new formats for your team to consume the research, and new ways to engage directly with Baymard’s research team.
Learn more on how Baymard Premium can empower your and your teams’ e-commerce UX designs and decisions with our 32,000+ hours of UX research.
For those who’ve purchased Baymard reports in that past: your Baymard Pro account and PDF reports will continue to exist as you know it. Sign into your old Baymard Pro account to learn more about upgrading to Premium, or check the email you have received in the past days.